Monday, December 22, 2008

The Weekly Monday Weekend Update

I am sleepy and low on energy today and nauseous and ready to have a day in bed relaxing doing nothing, but it's Monday. At least I don't have to be in to work until 10, home hopefully by 7:30 tonight.

Friday we went to Sam's, Walgreen's and Chik-Fil-A.

Saturday I graduated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome and an amazing first time feeling. I had a lot of support there - hubby, dad, granddad, Uncle Dave and Aunt Michelle and Uncle Steve and cousins Dan and Emily. After the ceremony, we went to lunch at the Olive Garden. Dad took Sean and I to Babies-R-Us to pick out our Christmas presents. We got a changing table, pad, cover, decorative bins and a diaper caddy. The colors are greens and yellows (neutral!) The table matches our crib that was just ordered and is on its way. My in-laws bought this for us. Both are espresso colored. The crib is a sleigh bed and is convertible (changes to toddler and then full bed). We are excited to get started on the nursery. We just gotta figure out where to put our furniture that is in there - right now it is a guest bedroom. Then we went to try on maternity clothes. Old Navy and Marshall's do not carry maternity wear, but on our third stop we found some - Kohl's. I was very apprehensive to try clothes on. Didn't know sizes and how it would look and the pants look pretty funny with the extra "belly warmer", but oh my gosh let me tell you how comfy the pants and shirts were. I felt so much better than my too tight, too small current wardrobe. Hopefully, I got some clothes from Sean for Christmas because we just tried on and didn't purchase anything. Then we did our pet sitting duties at 2 different houses - all cats.

Yesterday we made lasagna and got a lot done around the house all morning. We skipped church because yesterday was shopping day. We got a free pizza from a coupon we had and ate lunch by the water. It was a gorgeous day. Then we did all of our Christmas shopping at Target. Sean left after we were done buying for family and friends and got my presents and I stayed at Target and bought his. Then we came home to find poop on our doorstep again - Friday it was smooshed on front doorstep. Yesterday we had a bag of poop hanging from our front door. Apparently, we have a neighbor that doesn't like us for some reason. We are both pretty mad over the whole situation. We clean up after Allie, we aren't bad or noisy neighbors and are good people, so I don't know what the issue is. Any way, after taking some time to talk and pray about it and calm down, we went to church for a volunteer appreciation dinner (we volunteer in the nursery). It was very nice to fellowship and the food was yummy and we got Christmas presents and an award for our work.

After this long, busy weekend, it was then home to go night-night! And that is why I am tired today!

No comments: