Saturday, February 11, 2012

7 year anniversary!




Tomorrow is our actual anniversary (2/12), but Friday night we celebrated.  My friend Adrienne was so kind to come over and watch the boys and her mom came to help.  We went to dinner at Arigato and then we went and got pampered with manicures and pedicures.  We got a private room and sat on comfy couches filled with pillows.  It was super relaxing.  We were going to see a movie after that, but it was getting kind of late so we walked around the mall for a bit and ate Godiva.  Then we went to Starbucks and actually sat inside and had a coffee.  It was really nice to have some time alone, although of course we missed the boys and talked about them frequently.  We have not been out together alone since Hunter was born that I can recall.  Sean also surprised me with a Pandora charm bracelet.  He put 2 charms on it, too.  I LOVE it!  We had a realy nice evening.  I took today off from work and actually got to use paid time off, which I have never had at a job before.  We have been enjoying this time together. 

I am very blessed to have Sean as my husband.  Our 7 years together have been pretty amazing.  From meeting unexpectedly and knowing by the end of that first date that we would marry to a whirlwind engagement and marriage and move to California, all while we lived 6 hrs away from each other.  Then a sad and LONG deployment, but gratitude to God for bringing him home safely.  The deployment actually brought us to Jesus, too, so I wouldn't take it back for anything.  A move here to live with Dad, a recooperation from PTSD, a  second move to our first home, 2 babies, and a 3rd on the way with a hopeful and prayerful move to TN in July.  Yes, it has been interesting and fun!!!!   We have of course had bad times, but so, so, so many good times.  I am amazed at Sean's faithfulness to the Lord, his commitment to me, and his love for our children.  I am so thankful that we are on this journey together with God and our family and I am excited to see what this next year has in store for us.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!  I LOVE YOU!!!!! 

2 comments:

~ Noelle said...

Hope yall had an amazing anniversary

HB said...

We did, thanks!