Monday, July 2, 2012

Live, Laugh, Love

Last week, like most weeks around the Brewner house, was eventful and definitely not boring. God keeps life interesting. J Some of our week I already posted so I will start where I left off. 
Thursday I was on Facebook (a little too long!). I try to steer away from it 90% of the time because it is such a time waster, in my opinion, but that day, it sucked me in. Unfortunately, I found out that a friend of ours just found out his cancer has returned for a third time. He has two tumors in his brain, one operable, the other one not. The second one the doctors will try to zap with radiation. He is 32, has a wife, and three young children. Him and his family are filled with faith, but have really endured some major trials over the last year. Please, please keep them in prayer. Then I saw that some old Marine Corps friends of ours from our California days had some bad news, as well. Her husband was just diagnosed with leukemia. They have a brand new baby girl, too. So sad. The Marine Corps is holding a bone marrow donor drive for him this month. Sean and I have been talking, praying, and researching how we can help and I think Sean has decided to put himself on the registry to see if he is a match for our friend. On the registry, though, it will see if he is a match for all of those waiting for a donor. Sean just has to see if it is OK to be a donor with his slipped discs in is back. Please also pray for this family and for my hubby and for guidance for him.

Last, but certainly not least, please pray for our family in Colorado Springs (Sean’s parents and siblings), who are experiencing the huge fires out there. Thankfully, they haven’t had to evacuate. Pray for all those who have had to, for lives lost, and for homes lost.

Friday, we took the boys to Honeymoon Island to have some much needed down time and beach time! The water was nice and refreshing, probably from Tropical Storm Debby. Friday evening we went to a baseball game at Bright House Fields – Clearwater Threshers played the Lakeland Tigers. The game benefitted veterans so there were lots of other activities going on and we really did have a good time.

This brings me to Saturday. I have officially put my two weeks’ notice in at my job and my last day will be July 15th. I can’t believe I only have 4 days of work left! I am sad to go and I will miss my coworkers, which have become good friends of mine, especially Miranda! She’s my work wife! Lol We spend 24 hours together in 2 days and now complete each other’s sentences and know what the other is saying or doing without having to say a word. What is really neat is I accidentally found a replacement for me. :0) A good friend from nursing school does not like her current job and called last week asking if maybe she would be considered for my job. I was so excited to give a good recommendation for her and she has an interview on Monday with my boss, who was sad to hear that I was leaving, but pretty happy to hear I had a candidate for him! God’s works are amazing and I hope it all works out for her and for my company.

Finally, also on Saturday, I received a text from Sean stating that Ryan had gotten into the Desitin diaper rash cream and had gotten it all in his eyes. Sean called Poison Control and was told to rinse Ry’s eyes with water for 10 minutes and that he should be fine without a visit to the ER. Ryan was fine, but still had red, watery eyes by the time I got home from work. What a stinker!

This coming week, we have friends coming to stay with us and it’s the fourth, sooooooo HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Here are some pictures from the baseball game........







“Words can never adequately convey the incredible impact of our attitudes toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it.” ~ Chuck Swindoll







No comments: