Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My rose bush

I think we counted 4 blooming red roses :)

 I was sitting on the front porch watching the boys play and waiting for Sean to come out to relieve me of my mommy duties so I could do some cleaning when I started admiring my rose bush.  I took a couple of quick pics with my camera phone and then sat back down when God started speaking to me.  These verses came to mind.....

Do Not Worry

Luke 12:22-34

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[b]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Instead of lillies though, the roses made me think of these verses.  See, I have been worried about my upcoming labor and delivery and the pain and complications and natural delivery and VBAC and no epidurals and C sections and hemorrhaging and hysterectomies and something being wrong with the baby and really just any bad thing I can think of, I'm sure I've thought of.....part me not trusting in God, part Satan attacking.  I've also been getting pretty anxious about going past my due date, which I have, having a huge baby, having to be induced, requiring Pitocin, etc.,  AND I've been anxious because I'm trying so hard to be patient, but I really want to meet our baby!!!  I am trying to stay focused on the fact that I made it full-term, everything has been going great, and it's God's timing.  There is no need to worry or try to take over....God has this covered!  I am purposing to enjoy and cherish every moment of the last days of this pregnancy!  :) 

No comments: