Monday, July 20, 2015

Smoky Mountain Deer Farm

On Saturday, we continued my birthday celebration, which didn't include as much food, but instead animals!  We went to the Smoky Mountain Deer Farm in Sevierville for the day and packed a picnic lunch.  After that, we headed over to the Tanger Outlet Malls to  use my gift card at Old Navy and then by Starbucks to get my free birthday drink.  I'm still not really wanting Starbucks right now so I just had a few sips and Sean had the rest. 
There was the cutest baby goat I got to hold!

OK, I went into the deer pen with a  cup of food and almost got trampled by the deer!  It was a bit overwhelming.  And Andrew had come in there with me, but he kinda got lost in the shuffle of deer and as I was trying to make my escape, I hear Hunter say from the safe side of the fence "mom, you're about to forget Andrew!" lol.  I turned around, because I had forgotten him, and he was standing all alone about in tears!  Poor guy!

Oh, deer!

Much less scary when you don't bring the cup of food in!

And this is all I could get of the camel.  Not very photogenic.  But VERY slobbery, as I experienced feeding this guy!

Didn't feed the emu, heard they're mean.


And the star of the show!  The reason we came all this way!  For Hunter to be up close and personal with his favorite animal!


Andrew hogged holding the food, but really wouldn't actually feed the animals, just threw a few pieces at them here and there. 





So, you would think by this picture that Hunter's least favorite animal would be the zebra.  I'm not sure why he was so upset. 

zelfie!

And another zelfie!



All in all, a fantastic day!

No comments: