Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Update :)

I am now 40 weeks and 5 days.  I went to see my midwife today.  I am still 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, which is the same as Thursday.  Oh and -3 station.  She wanted to either induce me tonight with Cervadil or tomorrow morning with Cytotec, but she wanted to first talk to Dr. Paolillo because she wanted to make sure those drugs would be OK with a VBAC.  She called this afternoon with 2 new choices because they decided they didn't want to use either of those drugs on me.  So, it's either go in tomorrow morning, have them break my water and start Pitocin or go in for a nonstress test.  If baby is looking good, then they will wait until Monday to induce if I have started labor on my own.  We chose option #2.  So I go in tomorrow at 9 a.m. to the hospital to have a nonstress test.  They will check to make sure baby has movement within 15 minutes and that his/her heartbeat raises 15 beats during those movements, and stays up for 15 seconds.  We are just focusing on God and His plans and timing for this baby.  He has blessed us tremendously, especially giving us the option we chose, because this morning was a totally different set of options.  It's awesome to watch Him work.  In the end, as we always say, the best outcome is a healthy baby and healthy mama, no matter the road we have to travel to get there.

5 comments:

~ Noelle said...

Praying that everything goes great!
Please keep us updated!!!!!

Naesha said...

I'm saying prayers for the Lord to guide the doctors in their decisions and for good health for you and baby! Love you and keep me posted. Sending you lots of love and prayers until I hear from you again!

Emily said...

Will keep you in my prayers- so much love to you!

Hettie Brewner said...

Thank you for the love and prayers! I will keep you updated. Love you ladies!

Judy said...

praying for you and the baby. keep us posted. Love you guys