Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cloth diapers

We purchased baby wipes that are washable, a special kind if diaper liner for a trash can and litle tie thingies for holding, well, I don't know what they hold, but Sean knows.

More washable wipies and 8 covers in newborn and size 1 sizes.

2 dozen newborn size prefolds

2 dozen size 1 prefolds
So, we are trying cloth diapers with the new baby.  We had discussed doing it with Ryan, but I was really hesitant to and honestly just didn't want to.  Sean, on the other hand, has wanted to. I agreed to give it a try this time around and actually after ordering them and getting them yesterday, I am a little bit excited.  I still don't know much about it and am still a little concerned with the logistics, but I'm hoping it works for us.  Ryan will probably remain in diposables since we will be training him for the real potty soon.  We spent close to $250 or $300 for everything above.  After the baby grows out of 1's, we willl of course have to purchase 2's and 3's, which will last even longer, since Ryan is still in 3's and has been forever.  It will probably cost about the same for the second order, but after doing a little bit of math, we will still save a tremendous amount of money.  So, I will update on how it works out for us.  Happy cloth diapering!  :)

www.greenmountaindiapers.com is the company we went through

2 comments:

Naesha said...

I had always wanted to also but we just never did. By the time we got to our 3rd, I figured, we can't really save by reusing them on another child. I've already used disposables for the other two. OH well. I would be willing to bet it's a good feeling to use them, though, and know they're not getting any unwanted chemicals on their bodies and that it is so much better for the environment. Good luck!

HB said...

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes. :) How are you doing? It's been awhile. Hope you are well. Love ya!