Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Me + 3 in FL

Back in January, me and Andrew had taken a long weekend trip to FL.  So I had wanted to do a me and Ryan trip to FL and then a me and Hunter trip.  Well, it didn't work out for just me and Ryan to go, so after much prayer and discussion, we decided that I would take all three boys to FL on the airplane.  I was a little nervous, but after seeking God's guidance felt at peace.  We left last Wednesday and returned this past Monday.  We had such a blessed time, although I was ready to get back home to my hubby after 5 days!!!!!  The boys did fantastic on the plane both there and back!!!  I was so grateful for that!  We stayed at my Dad's house and enjoyed spending time with him and seeing my grandma and my aunts and uncles.  I also got to see some of my good friends and do park play dates with them, lunch and dinner dates, and a trip to see a dear friend at her house for a couple of hours.  We also got to go to service at our old church, which was so nice.  It was a little too hot for me so we decided to take the boys to the beach in the evening, but it turned out that we had sort of run out of time, so we more took them in the dark!!!  lol  I think they still enjoyed it. It wasn't hot!!! It was also Andrew's first time on the beach. 

I am also grateful for the lessons that God taught me on this trip.  Sometimes I can get into wrong thinking, thinking that me plus 3 little ones and being pregnant is too much to handle when trying to go out and about and so I will avoid going places without Sean.  I learned that indeed I am still able to do it; it just takes a little bit more time, planning, and patience.  I also learned to let go of expectations.  When Sean comes home from school I can be in the frame of mind that I've had the kids all day and he hasn't so now it's his turn.  If he doesn't perform my unspoken requests (my expectations), then I feel disappointed, impatient, discouraged, and angry at times.  I really learned not to expect that he should be doing it all just because he was away and I was home.  I also learned to appreciate all the things he does do and how well we work together as a team after not having him around for five days!  Most importantly, I learned how much I really missed my husband!  I am so thankful to have him in my life and love him so much.  It was wonderful to see him again. 

It was a blessed trip!!!!!!

P.S. Yes, I only took ONE picture while on vacation!!!!

Proverbs 3:5-6

King James Version (KJV)
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments: