Sunday, October 27, 2013

Oakes Farm 2013

Anyone who knows me really well, knows how much I love fall.  On second thought, you don't have to know me really well to know this; I freely offer this fact!  Ahhhh, I love the beauty of the fall leaf change, pumpkin spice lattes, TN Fall Homecoming, cooler weather, and going to the farm for the pumpkin patch.  :)  I need to add The Creech Fall Party to my list of loves during my favorite season!  :)  And now is not the time to complain about how our leaves STILL haven't really changed.  Boo-hoo!  So we headed off to Oakes Farm in Corryton yesterday.  Actually, to be honest, I was not really looking forward to it at first because when we woke up yesterday morning it was 28 degrees.  However, the sun was out, we bundled up, and I think it reached about 60ish yesterday.  We got some hot chocolate and a box of fudge to end the day, which was fantastic!  http://www.oakesfarm.com/

HA!  Not too much was interrupted yesterday!!!!!!


Go Ryan Go!!!!  Totally unrelated, but Ryan finished his "Learn To Read In 100 Easy Lessons" book last night!!!  We are so humbly proud of him!!!!  I can't say too much about the book because Sean did it with him, but he is a beginner reader now and doing amazing!  There were many days where he was lazy and wanted to give up, but Sean pushed through with him and when he applied himself, he did great!  Some days, we couldn't even get one lesson done, and it certainly took longer than 100 straight days, but I am thrilled with the fact that he can read now!  We plan to take him to Krispy Kreme next Saturday to celebrate (at his request!)  http://www.homeschoolreviews.com/reviews/curriculum/reviews.aspx?id=3




Pet me, love me

Who dressed Hunter yesterday?  I think he could be on "What Not To Wear!!!"



Andrew LOVED riding on the tractor to get to the patch!  Actually, so did Hunter.  Sean and I were talking about it and if we recall correctly, he cried the whole time on it last year.

Just a "proving I'm here" picture

No comments: