Friday, May 9, 2014

Message From God

I was headed off to work on Tuesday feeling a bit overwhelmed with the many responsibilities I seem to have....wife, mother, R.N., church member, daughter, friend, cook, maid, laundry doer, office clerk, accountant, list maker, shopper, etc.  I kept thinking how I am not getting to truly enjoy life and my many blessings because I'm always doing.  Not being.  As I was driving, a sermon off the show Building Blocks came on BBN and I felt like it was God using this pastor to speak directly to me.  It was all about moms and our many roles and duties and how what we do means so very much to our lil guys and gals and our husbands of course, too.  He based his sermon off the Proverbs 31 woman, which is one of my most favorite passages in the Bible.  Now that was an amazing woman!  The sermon was just what my aching heart needed!  It is normal to feel a little overwhelmed at times, I suppose.  Because it happened again last night.  Work was sooo busy and I didn't get to sleep until 1 a.m., knowing I have 4 lil ones ready and waiting for me in the morning to care for them, train them, love on them, discipline them, and teach them both the love of Christ our savior and schoolwork.  But through God's strength, I woke up this morning ready to do it!  Ready to be a wife.  A mom.  A maid.  A laundry cleaner and folder.  A dishwasher.  A chef.  A businesswoman.  A grocery list maker and meal planner.  The joy of the Lord is my strength.  I CAN do all things through Jesus Christ!  He gives me strength! 


On a side note, our friends at church had their baby!  A girl by ultrasound, but a BOY by birth!!!!!  What a surprise and a gift!  Life is a great miracle from God! 

2 comments:

~ Noelle said...

being a mom has been the greatest blessing in my life

HB said...

Me too! And a wife!