Saturday, January 17, 2015

A New Chapter

Usually I would not share something like this on my blog or anywhere else for that matter, but I started my cycle back yesterday.    I am telling you this because of God's goodness and mercy.  I started at work yesterday and I was honestly very fearful.  I was fearful because I am still a bit traumatized from the hemorrhage I experienced last month.  I was so scared it was going to happen again and to top it off I was at work again; exactly where it happened last time.  I mean I have been silly about some things.  I still hadn't even worn the skirt that I wore the day it happened, even after Sean worked so hard on getting it clean again.  I have been scared to be at work.  I get a strange feeling in my stomach when I pass by UT Med.  On the other hand, I have been healing and I haven't been as fearful, but yesterday just caught me off guard.  

Any way, all of this is even more significant because of the devotional I read yesterday morning before going into work.  My sweet mother-in-law gifted me with a daily devotional for the new year that she specifically said would be good for me after what happened.  

So here it is:  

"Come to me, and rest in my loving presence.  You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forgot that I am with you - now and always.  Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur.  Do not multiply your suffering in this way!  Instead, come to me, and relax in my peace.  I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, and transform your fear into confident trust."  From: Jesus Calling.  Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young

This brought me so much comfort yesterday.  How amazing that our Heavenly Father cares this much for us and wants to talk to us and help us.  

No comments: