Sunday, January 1, 2017

NYE and NYD




We enjoyed our New Year's Eve at Dollywood - our last day with our season passes for the year.  We didn't do rides, but we caught some of the Christmas shows and enjoyed the lights.  After that we ate at Tony Gores, a BBQ restaurant in Sevierville.  

Today, we were looking forward to a day of church and an ice cream sundae party for Pastor Bates (today is his birthday), but the Lord had other plans.  We got 4-5ish sick kiddos with congested coughs. 

And on Thursday night I was giving Hailey a bath and was leaning over and slipped with slippers on b/c Ryan had mopped the floors and I hit my belly on the side of the tub.  It was only from a few inches, but beginning yesterday I've felt like a muscle strain in my abdomen and back so today I am resting and taking it easy.  Jammie day! 

We still plan to have our traditional New Year's meal.  My MOST FAVORITE MEAL  of the whole year - ham, black-eyed peas, collards, cornbread, and pecan cream cheese pie.  I am looking forward to it.  

I actually stayed up to ring in the new year and give my honey a kiss.  :)  

Happy New Year!  The Lord has shown me that I need to focus on love (charity) this year and gave me 1 Cor 13 and 1 John 4:18.  

We also have some goals for 2017:  Sell our townhouse, pay off Westgate, get a new vehicle, recite Matt 5 in church with Ryan and Sean, learn Charlotte Mason homeschooling method and begin this next home schooling year, attend a Charlotte Mason Teach Them Diligently convention, take sermon notes during church and study them during the week, go to CO for Christmas, finish reading the Wellness Mama web site, get season passes to Ripley's Aquarium and their other sites in Gatlinburg, and I think that's it.  Or least that's all I can remember.  

And I'm still talking.  Typing.  Sorry.

No comments: