Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New house!


I finally get to post pictures of the house that we are getting!!!!  Let me start off by saying ALL THE PRAISE, GLORY, AND HONOR GOES TO GOD!!!!!  It was pretty amazing how it turned out and such a wonderful testimony.  We were getting (or I should say I) a little anxious trying to find a house because the rental agents we were trying to work with were not being the most accommodating.  Sean had a mandatory orientation to attend last week in TN and God’s timing was perfect for that, too.  It was right when we could start looking for a rental without it being too early or too late for our move date of July 21st.  So, Sean, Hunter, and I went out there for a few days.  Ryan got to have fun with Pappy and then Adrienne.  J  Anyway, the Friday before we were leaving, no word from the rental agents.  Starting to stress now!  By Sunday, still no word.  All weekend at work I frantically looked on the internet at houses that we could see, since it was the whole reason I was making the trip there!  I happened to come across this posting on Craig’s List for a house in Heiskell, TN, but decided to ignore it because we wanted to live in Oak Ridge and I had no idea where Heiskell even was.  Well, after work Saturday, I changed my mind and opened the post to see a gorgeous white house!  Me and Sean both loved it.  Then we Googled where Heiskell was and learned that it was only 25 minutes away from campus and also 25 minutes from Oak Ridge.  We called and made an appointment on Sunday to see the house on Tuesday while we were there. 

So Monday we got to look at one house in Oak Ridge and it was just too small and run down.  Tuesday, Hunter and I checked out the white house in Heiskell and fell in love.  Sean was at school that day for his orientation.  There was only one catch!  The owners didn’t want pets.  Yes, for a split second I will admit I thought about getting rid of Allie.  Poor Allie!  So, Wednesday, the owners wanted to meet Sean and I and talk about Allie.  It was great because Sean got a chance to see the house.  Meanwhile, Tuesday afternoon we filled out the application and put down a deposit.  Wednesday morning we met the owners and hit it off.  The husband is reserve Navy and with Sean being a former Marine, they had already told the rental agent that they felt more comfortable with us being their renters.  Sean loved the house, too!  Then the subject of Allie came up and they decided since she is an old dog, they didn’t care and weren’t too worried about her messing up their hardwood floors. 

Last Friday we heard that our application went through and today we signed the lease.  Praise God!!! 

The area is really rural.  Exactly the type of place that I have dreamed of for years.  There are cows, horses, donkeys, and a whole lot of land, trees, and nothing!!!!  The town is super small!!!!  I LOVE it!  And we love the house. 

I know I didn’t do anything to deserve such a wonderful blessing from God.  He put us right in a spot where we have desired to be for so long.  I feel so humbled and grateful and thankful to Him.  It’s because of his mercy and grace that he gives us the desires of our hearts, and because he loves us so much. 

Here are some pictures.  We signed a one year lease. The house was built in 2005.  It is 2700 square feet.  It is 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths.  It has a bonus room, which will probably be our playroom/family area.  The furniture is not ours and not staying, but the play set in the back yard is staying, which Ryan is super excited about!!!!! 

Enjoy the pictures and I look forward to updates on our move and getting settled into our new home.  J

Oh and P.S. the trip with Hunter was amazing, as well.  Thanks be to God.  I got to really meet our little man and spend some one on one time with him.  Sean and I cherished every moment with the little guy and really got to see his personality come out. 
Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. 

As Ryan says....the big white house :)

front porch.  I see rocking chairs and sweet tea in our future :)

hallway!  oooohhhhhh

downstairs living room

downstairs living room part 2

our soon to be office

downstairs 1/2 bath

dining

dining

kitchen

back screened in porch

kitchen/dining

master bed

master bed part 2

master bed part 3



master bath

Ry's soon to be room

Ry's future room part 2

soon to be nursery

bonus room

Bonus room part 2

New play set!

Back yard

Mailbox lol

2 comments:

Liz Hampton-Derivan Studio said...

Very pretty!

HB said...

Thanks! Hopefully you can come and see it....and us :)