Friday, February 28, 2014

It's a Girl!!!!!

God blessed Sean and I with a baby girl!  She was born on February 25, 2014 at 142 p.m.  She weighed 8 lb 9 oz and was 21 1/4 in long.  We are so grateful to have had such a safe and quick labor and delivery and a healthy baby girl! 


I went into labor around 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning (the 25th).  We were actually getting ready to drop our boys off at our dear friends' house because we had an ultrasound appointment to go to that morning.  God's timing is perfect!  So, instead we dropped them off there so we could go check into the hospital and have the baby!  We got to the hospital and checked in and I was checked around 1130 in the morning.  I was 100% effaced and 7 cm dilated!  I was amazed and surprised!  They moved us to a room and broke my water around 1.  After that, I went through transition, which is when I really started to feel like I was in labor, and began pushing around 135 p.m.  She was born at 142!!!! 


They had to take her and I wasn't allowed to hold her right away because she had meconium from in the womb, which they had seen when they broke my water.  The nurses were awesome, though, and got that all taken care of, and praise God she has been totally fine and healthy!


We were discharged yesterday (Thursday) and we were so excited to go get our boys and bring home our new and slightly larger family!  They LOVE their new little sister (2 olders) and have been kissing her and petting her head and want to show her the kitty and feed her cookies!  :)  Andrew isn't quite sure what to think yet. 


She has been nursing very well and is such a love.  She had her first pediatrician appointment today and she is already back up to 8 lb 4 oz from (8 even) and got a clean bill of health. 


Sean and I are on cloud nine and we are overjoyed!  All of our church families have been amazing and the love and support and prayers from family and friends has been amazing, too!  And today we get to see my MIL......she will be here until the 9th!  Hooray! 


I will post pictures later! 


<3

2 comments:

~ Noelle said...

glad mom and baby are doing great!!!

HB said...

Thank you!