Monday, July 21, 2014

Andrew Surgery Scheduled

Our little man Andrew is going in for surgery on July 30th.  We went to the ENT consult this morning.  He has had 8 ear infections in a year and criteria for tubes is 4 in one year so he has had double.  She said the tubes will also help with his language development and also his hearing, of course.  He has an ear infection currently, but they did a hearing test any way to get a baseline and he has hearing loss.  Hopefully not permanent.  The nurse practitioner said once the tubes are put in and the fluid drains he could have normal hearing again.  I'm nervous and teary, of course, mostly because of fears with the anesthesia and the fact that we can't be with him while he is in the OR. 


I feel like we have been getting hit from all directions lately.  Wondering what I am doing wrong and why God is disciplining me.  I'm discouraged.  It's been a difficult season of life with my uncle and my grandma's deaths, Andrew's upcoming surgery, and our household has been sick since the beginning of June and we are still not well.  Which means we haven't been able to go to church either.  And our house is for sale, which looms over us at all times.  And Ryan's behavior.  It's just a drag.  Sean says maybe I am not giving all my rights to God and I am still trying to control things on my own.  HA!  Me? Controlling?  Never.  Control may just be my middle name!  I'm sure I hold on oh so tightly to many things in my life.  Anyone know how to give EVERYTHING to God?  If so, tell me the secret! 


Any way, hopefully our Andrew will be feeling better after the tubes are in place and we will see a whole new little boy who talks and hears! 
Isaiah 40:31 KJV
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Please don't feel like you did something wrong and God is punishing you. God is giving you challenges to strengthen your faith, love and dependence on Him. It is easy to beat ourselves up and question, what did I do wrong....you did nothing wrong...this is an attack method from Satan. So stay strong in the Word, pray & lean on Jesus!

HB said...

Thank you, Christine, I really appreciate your encouragement. It has been much needed. God bless you.