Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Our Out West Trip (So Far)

Sean, Andrew, Hailey, and I are in the desert!!!  We left Saturday.  Well, I don't know if you would call it Saturday, as it was 430 in the morning!  We stopped in Nashville for breakfast, then in Memphis for lunch at Central BBQ with Sean's childhood friend, Kevin.  Next up, Dallas!  It was a nice 13 hours of driving time in the car.  Hailey and Andrew did very well!  We really enjoyed seeing Dallas, too.  Super confusing highways and a very busy, very BIG city, but also a very clean city, or so it appeared for the short time we were there.  If I had to live in the big city, I think I could do Dallas.  Our plan was to leave at 6 a.m. Sunday morning to start back on our road trip, but God had other plans.  Andrew needed more sleep, so did me and Sean.  And our GPS took 10 hours or so to download new maps so we would know where we were going.  So we ended up leaving around 9 a.m.  We stopped in El Paso for dinner, which was another city I really liked and I was surprised at how big it was.  There's just something about the west.  It's so gorgeous.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the south and I am a southern girl, but I do really enjoy trips out west.  We got in to Bisbee, AZ at my mom and step-dad's house around 11 p.m. Sunday night. Yesterday we were pretty lazy, but did manage to walk around downtown Bisbee and browse the shops.  I feel refreshed this morning and more adjusted to the 3 hour time difference, which was a blessing to gain, is gonna be a little tough to lose on our trip home!  Ryan and Hunter are back in Tennessee staying with Michaela Bates and Courtney Green.  They spent a day playing at the Bates house on Saturday, time at church on Sunday, the zoo on Monday with Michaela and some of the other Bates children, along with the Carrascos, and then to hear Don Savell preach last night with Michaela.  I hear they have been doing well and enjoying their time with Michaela.  Courtney has them during the days this week and I just hope they are a blessing to her.  We miss them much!!!!
Day 1 in the car; still in jammies :)


Out in the middle of nowhere, TX






El Paso - a stop for dinner at Chipotle and Starbucks






At Gagu's and Grandpa Mike's



View from Mom's front porch

No comments: