Sunday, September 7, 2014

It's Been a Weekend

It's been a great (and busy!!) weekend!  Friday night we watched The Carrascos 3 little boys so they could have a date night.  It was fun having a house full of 7 children to run after!  Saturday we headed to Nashville to do Day Out With Thomas for Andrew's birthday.  We had a blast!  He LOVED it!  Sunday (today) was Andrew's birthday so after church we were busy making his cake and decorating and cooking and wrapping presents for his party.  I have pictures to post, but it's on my camera and I have to upload them on the downstairs computer and I'm upstairs and in bed watching a Hallmark movie with my husband and drinking a coffee so yah, I'm not getting up!  :)  

Instead, I will just babble some more!  I took Hailey to her 6 month well visit.  She is 15 pounds and 26 inches.  She is doing great, but she does have fluid in her ears.  They are not infected, but the nurse practitioner put her on a 10 day course of antibiotics.  I also took Hunter because he has had a swollen tonsil.  He still has fluid in his ears, which would explain all the "huhs" and "whats" and the extremely loud talking he does!  His aren't infected either, but he is going to have a consult with ENT (sound familiar?) some time soon to have a hearing test.  He was also put on Zyrtec and Flonase for possible allergies.  I left the office mad at God that we can't seem to totally kick the ailments in our house, but I finally calmed down the next day.  It's been a bit frustrating that we spend all this extra money on organic food and we seem to be fighting more stuff than we did before.  However, I am thankful that we haven't had big trials like children with cancer or some other devastating disease.  I know what God allows to happen is for our good.

I will leave with a couple of videos and a few pictures and the promise to post more pictures at a later time!  

Oh and P.S. pumpkin spice lattes are back at Starbucks and that makes me all kinds of happy!  

It was hilarious!  I counted 1, 2, 3 so he could blow out his candles (which he didn't, but started eating cake instead) and as soon as I said 3, Hailey let out a loud toot!  Ok, if there are still blogs when she is able to look at mine, she's gonna be so mad at me for typing that!  

Andrew was super cute, too.  When we would sing Happy Birthday to him, he would start saying "mmm, day, ha" which is translated "Happy Birthday"!  Excuse the blur at the start of the video, probably a fingerprint on the lens.  




Ok, it won't let me post pictures so I will do that later.  Nite!



No comments: