Friday, October 31, 2014

Lil of This-n-That

We don't celebrate Halloween and we don't always carve a pumpkin, but we had one from going to the pumpkin patch so we decided to carve it last night.  I had been thinking today about how maybe trick-or-treating is more harmless than not, but God helped me to change my mind quickly.  We had to take an unexpected trip to the mall this evening to fix Sean's Mac again and there were so many people there TOTing.  And the costumes on many were spooky scary.  I know, I know.  That's what most are going for.  But I just didn't like it.  I have a vivid imagination thinking about mall shootings and what not with all those scary folk.



Beautiful flowers from my sweet friend Carly after we lost Allie

Otis

Lily

My Milo




It took maybe close to forever for the leaves to change, but it has finally started!  While the kiddos are napping and Ryan is doing school and Sean is home, I've been sneaking out to take a 20 minute walk in the afternoons and read my devotional book and pray.  It's been really nice.  I had to get in a few pix of our colors around here, too.  We are supposed to be getting a lil snow tonight/tomorrow !







This morning we took the children to IHOP for free "scary" face  pancakes.  We ended our evening with free Krispy Kreme donuts.

And totally off subject, but wanted to share that we have been working on Matthew 5.  Our goal is for the 4 of us to learn Matthew 5, 6, and 7.  So far we've got Matt 5:1-10 down.  We have a ways to go, but we are having fun trying to learn it and it is always a blessing to have God's scriptures in our hearts.  We've also decided, Lord willing, if the 4 of us can memorize all 3 chapters, we are going to go on a Disney Cruise.  Oh and we will bring Hailey and Andrew.  :)  We are hoping to go to new York after Sean graduates next December, too.  :)

OK, signing off.  Time to finish my PSL and my PS Godiva truffle.  Oh and Hallmark Christmas movies started.  :O)

3 comments:

Liz Hampton-Derivan Studio said...

Nice photos, all of them. All the kitties are so cute, all 3 of them:)

~ Noelle said...

The weather by your house is just beautifulQ

HB said...

Yes to both of you! :)