Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ober Gatlinburg

Usually we go to the Museum of Appalachia for Fall Homecoming, but this year we decided to go to Octoberfest at Ober Gatlinburg.  We thought it would save some money, although I don't think it did.  We did enjoy ourselves though.  We also got to practice lots of patience!  We forgot how busy Gatlinburg is this time of year!  It took hours of waiting in traffic to get there, and we stood in lots of lines and saw lots of people!  

We got to ride the tram up the side of the mountain to get to Ober. I was a little scared and so was Hunter, but the rest of us were all good!

In the tram

We had lunch here and got to watch a German oompah band!  I LOVE watching these bands and doing the chicken dance!  I think the boys thought their mama had gone a little crazy!

Watching the oompah band.

View from the Ober restaurant







Sean surprised me with this super sweet card today.  The other day I felt God urging me to confess to Sean the bitter, angry, critical spirit I have developed towards him.  I don't why I have been doing this, but I told him, asked forgiveness, and got on my knees and asked God to help me.  I am trying to tell Sean whenever I start getting these harsh feelings about him so we can work on this and it will go away.  After my admittance, this is what he does!  He is wonderful!

I wanted to also share how amazing God is.  Since Hunter's surgery, He has been showing up in all these little beautiful ways from protecting me at work, to using a coworker to bring me coffee creamer, to awesome timing moments like free lunch for my family!  I am so grateful that He hasn't given up on me!  He LOVES me and YOU!  Trust in Jesus.  Give your life to Him.  You will NEVER regret it!

2 comments:

~ Noelle said...

That was so sweet for the card... and it is super cute!

HB said...

Thanks! it's in my kitchen!