Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hunter 9 month

Hunter had his 9 month checkup today and it went well because he didn't have to get any vaccines, but not too great because of his weight.  Hunter, who was born at 9 pounds, 5  oz is now not gaining weight.  Dr. Pai said since his 4 month appointment he hasn't gained much.  At his 6 month he was 17 pounds 2.5 oz and this morning he was 17 pounds 9 ounces.  Everything else looks good and he just thinks that it is probably because he is more active and burning more calories.  He also said that I'm probably not producing/giving him enough breastmilk.  So, we have to try to fatten him up and Dr. Pai wants to see him back in 6 weeks instead of 3 months.  If he hasn't gained in 6 weeks, he wants to put him on formula.  I haven't taken the news too well.  I feel like I have been starving my baby and I didn't even know it.  I just feel horrible.  Please pray that our little guy is getting the nutrition and calories that he needs to grow strong and healthy.  Thank you. 

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments: