Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sharing Scriptures


Psalm 119:160

160 All your words are true;
all your righteous laws are eternal.

Deuteronomy 6:4-7


4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Mark 13:31


31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.



I thought I would share these three scriptures that we are memorizing this week for our Bible study group. I was thinking about Deut 6:4-7 and how the most important thing that I want to see in my childrens' lives are them loving the Lord with all that they have and loving others more than themselves. That is what I hope, with God's help, Sean and I can provide for them. I feel like I fail often, especially in the area of leading by example, but my prayer is that God helps us everyday so these little ones can truly know their Lord and Savior. This scripture tells us to talk with our children all the time about God and his goodness. Some of my greatest joys come from seeing Ryan pray or Hunter saying "amen" after prayer time or Ryan saying "godnight God" over the monitor before he falls asleep at night. The other things are fun and amazing.......first steps, first words, things of that nautre, but nothing can compare to the gladness in my heart when our children are learning about the Lord and growing closer to Him.

No comments: