Thursday, September 3, 2009

4 month visit

Ryan had his 4 month visit with the pediatrician yesterday and it went well. He is 14 pounds 13 oz and 26 inches. He is doing great developmentally and growth wise. The ped said we could wait until 6 months to start introducing solids. And really that was about it. The nurse was talking to him and making him laugh out loud so much, more than we have ever seen before. I was thinking if he only knew what she was about to do, but we have the bravest little man. He of course cries with the initial pokes, but as soon as she was done, I picked him up and he settled right down. He only had a total of a 30 minute nap yesterday! He has been doing OK today. He had a fever this morning of 100.0 and 100.1 axillary, so I gave him Tylenol, which most of it he spit out, but he must have swallowed some because the last time I checked it was 97.1. His cheeks aren't rosy anymore and he doesn't seem to feel hot either. I will check his temp again when he wakes up. He has acted normal and happy, so I am sure it's from the shots. Poor lil man!

No comments: