- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (16 ounce) cans BUSH'S® BEST Great Northern Beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired.