“Better-Than-Vicks” For Little Ones Under Two
- 4 teaspoons grated beeswax (where to buy beeswax)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa, shea or mango butter (where to buy cocoa butter, where to buy shea butter, where to buy mango butter)
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
- 30 drops high quality essential oil – 10 drops eucalyptus smithii, 10 drops tea tree, 5 drops lavender, 5 drops chamomile*
- Melt beeswax/tallow and shea/cocoa/mango butter in a double boiler.
- Once melted turn off the heat and add coconut oil and essential oils.
- Pour into a clean glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Makes about 3/4 cup.
She recommends to put it on the chest and then also under the four smallest toes.
We just made a batch yesterday. It was super simple to whip up and it seems to be working well. I don't know about your household, but here in ours the winter just seems to bring about the goop (AKA congestion and cough!)