Monday, January 27, 2014

March for Life 2014

Last week marked the 41st anniversary of Roe v Wade.  More than 50 million babies have died.  Yesterday, we did a March for Life down in Knoxville.  Sean, Ryan, and Hunter got to go last year, but me and Andrew were in FL at that time. 




After Sunday morning services at our church, we all ate lunch together and headed down to Calvary Baptist in Knoxville where the March for life was being held.  They had a short rally, which included some of our state representatives, including Bill Dunn. 




Then we gathered up signage and headed outdoors to walk along Kingston Pike, which is a busy thoroughfare down in Knox.  We walked less than a mile and then buses took us back. 


I am so thankful to God that he allowed me to participate.  I had to work at 4 and made it just in time.....clocked in at 4:02!!!!!!  Sweet Alyssa Bates even drove my car down to Calvary so I could take a nap so I wouldn't be so exhausted by the time I got to work. 




I was very emotional during the whole experience. I'm sure partly because of pregnancy hormones, but also thinking of all these innocent lives that have been lost. 




For the most part, people driving by honked and waved, but a few had ugly comments. 




Most importantly, on Nov 4th, 2014 we need to vote YES on amendment 1 (for all those Tennesseans out there!!!)




TN is currently known as an abortion destination.  We have the fewest restrictions and more out of state abortion patients.  We do not have informed consent laws, no hospitalization requirement for 2nd trimester abortions, no required inspections or regulation of abortion facilities, and no 24 hour waiting period.  If amendment 1 passes, new enforcement policies could help protect these babies and the women and girls seeking to have an abortion. 


VOTE YES ON AMENDMENT ONE!

No comments: