Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Model Baby

Whoa it is 11:30 and I am just now eating breakfast. I am famished! Good thing lunch is right around the corner so I can eat again soon!

We got our pictures back from Ryan's photo shoot. We drove up to the studio in Odessa and had a viewing of them. They did an awesome job. We have a ton of pictures and they also did a "movie" for us. I will try to post it. Now, it's time to get some of them printed and framed and order the announcements!

I have found Ryan likes bath time now, as long as I am taking a bath with him in our jacuzzi tub. He had lots of fun in there this morning and he was smiling away. I played "floating baby" with him. :) Other than working on holding his head up and smiling lots, nothing else new with the baby. Oh well, I did forget this! Two nights in a row, we put him in his bassinet, but he wasn't asleep yet, but he fell asleep on his own! We were very excited, but I was also a little sad that he didn't need his mama to go to sleep. Last night, though, he was not having his bassinet and so he slept in his swing, mom and dad on the couch. We are close though and get to cuddle, whereas in our Cal King we rarely cuddle! Oh, also, the last two nights he has slept a long time. On Wednesday night he slept from 10:30 until 3:45 and last night I actually had to wake him up because I was a little engorged. He had been sleeping from 10:30 until 4:30! I wonder how much longer he would have slept if I hadn't woken him up.

So Tuesday we had a play date at Joy's house with her 2 boys. Her family is getting ready to move to Texas on July 1st and so we are sad to see them go. :( After her house, Ryan and I went to Publix, Sam's and the post office.

Wednesday, we met Adrienne at Target to buy shower gifts for Tiffany and then we went and picked up a free layette someone had for us. :) When we got home, I started organizing Ryan's closet. He is slowly growing out of his newborn stuff, so we are packing those clothes away in storage bins for hopeful future babies. I went through all his drawers and pulled out all the 0-3s and hung them. His closet is FULL and all his drawers are still FULL with 3 months all the way up to 24 months! So, that took 2 days to go through and I finally finished yesterday. He has some cute stuff, I say!

Wednesday night we took the church youth group roller skating. Ryan did awesome. He was so interested in all the lights and music and people. It was a lot to process for the little guy and I was so proud of him for being so well behaved. Sean and I put on some skates and got out there, too! I stink! I wonder if I was ever good? Sean did well (of course) and as long as he held my hand (and basically he skated for the both of us) then I was good, but left on my own I looked pretty unbalanced and uncoordinated!

And that leads me to today........ it has been a good morning. I am going to clean this afternoon. Let me try to upload the movie now.

No comments: