Monday, July 20, 2009

Letter

I received this letter from my aunt after my grandma (Weesie) died. I have been having a hard time for a long time. I don't think I want to go in detail because I would be here all day trying to go through it all and explain it, so I will just say I screamed out to the Lord today to help me (as I do everyday) and a bit later the Holy Spirit spoke to me and told me to go through one of the first scrap books that I ever made a few years ago. The first page I turned to was this letter.

My dearest most precious Hettie:

I am going to speak to you as an adult now and no longer as a child. You have become a beautiful young lady and stand at the threshold of entering into a completely new phase of your life. As you enter into young womanhood there is so much learning and so many choices to be made. God ordained it for the youth to have Godly instruction to bring them through and to make their choices based on God's word. Remember as a small child how you received Jesus into your heart. Are you talking to Him and asking for direction in your life? Are you learning of His ways and reading His word. Remember, He promised never to leave you or forsake you. He says you can be an overcomer, but the choice is always yours. So please my darling Hettie always remember that love conquers all, that love is Christ and in His love come peace and joy and wisdom. A beautiful future awaits you if you make Godly choices. Save yourself for that right man. Be kind, gentle, courteous, show mercy and respect for all. As you walk through the door into adulthood please seek God's wisdom. He is there for you if you will only seek Him. I Love you. Weesie, your loving Grandmother

I can only say God is amazing and this alone helps me in so many ways. It has been months, no years, since I have actually felt at peace and happy. I wanted to share it.

I miss Weesie so much and I wish I would have gotten this from her when she wrote it. I wonder why she hung on to it for so long and never gave it to me. I guess it doesn't matter. I got it when I needed it. I wish I could tell her how much it means to me and how much it has helped me overcome years of sadness, all in a one page letter. Maybe she does know. Maybe she is watching and listening to me right now. Either way, thank you Jesus and thank you Weesie.

No comments: