Thursday, August 20, 2009

Close call

Something very scary happened last night. We were at youth group and the kids were throwing a football around. Sean was holding Ryan and I was standing next to them. Suddenly, the football came barreling at us (unbeknown to me), but thank goodness Sean saw it and was able to turn quickly so that Ryan didn't get hit in the head, however, it did hit my shoulder and left a pretty good mark. Owie, it hurt! Of course, I am just so grateful that it didn't hit the munchkin. Sean said if it would have hit him, we would have had to have gone to the ER and probably he would have had brain damage. How scary is that?

On a lighter note, I just got home from a meeting with Bobbie at the Humane Society. It was so exciting to bring Ryan in to meet her and Twila and it was really good to see them. I have decided to take on more volunteering. For the Humane Society I will be a part of the adoption support team making phone calls and picking up donation boxes at specific locations. For our church, in addition to the youth group, Sean and I decided to start back in the nursery with the 0-2's once a month, which will begin in September. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: