Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ryan's 1st Sitter

We decided to do our first date day without Ryan. It was the first time for him to be with a sitter. It did not go so well. My cousin watched him over at my grandma's house. Sean and I went to the movies and saw Time Traveler's Wife. It was really good, but REALLY sad. Any way, when we picked him up, he was not a happy camper. I guess he did fairly well with my grandma and my cousin. I couldn't really get the same answer. My cousin said he did fine, my grandma said he fussed and my dad said he was fussing when he got there, but that he was able to calm him down. So, grandma asked if we would like to stay for dinner and things just got way worse. He cried for a LONG time. At times, he was really, really screaming. He was not able to breathe and was just having a really difficult time. He cried from 6:45 until 9. He stopped after we had gotten him home and calmed him down finally and fed him. It was horrible. I'm not sure if it is because we left him, because of who he was with or where he was (not being at home), being off of his schedule, because he had to have my milk in a bottle or all the above or none of the above. It just made me feel like a 3 hour date night is not worth it to come back to my baby so upset. I know it is worth it and we just will have to do it again to get him used to it, but it was emotionally taxing for all of us, especially me and Ryan! He is sound asleep now and I am exhausted.

Oh and to top it all of, I was just doing our finances and see that I lost $20. I had taken it out to give to my cousin for sitting, but she wouldn't take it. I threw it on top of the diaper bag and now it's gone. Ugh!

2 comments:

~ Noelle said...

hey!
first of all, I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I might need you to help me get mine going... Yours looks like a real one and mine is just the template!
How did you get all the pics up there? How about the comment thing about funny/interesting?
Love it!
Also, Ryans 1st sitter..
I went to an arena football game with my dad and left Broxton home with my mom...
Umm, it was like 3 hours... and I have to be honest, I cried when I left! Broxton was fine and was even asleep when I got home... But I was so sad that I was leaving him!
As for Marc.. He is not supposed to be home until MARCH... So, after Broxtons first birthday...
Love you!

HB said...

Hi!
It took me a long time to get mine how I wanted it, but thanks! Remember I was on bed rest for 8 weeks.....I had time, trust me!!!! LOL Go under customize (top right corner of home page) and then under layout and page elements. If you go under each tab, you can find things to add to your blog. Just click around on things. If you need more help, please let me know. I would be happy to help. Yours has started out just lovely though! AND I am so glad I can keep up with you and your boys!

The first time I left Ryan in our church nursery, for all of 10 minutes, I cried!

Well, you just hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you. I understand!

Love ya!