Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh Baby!

Well Sean and I have big news! We are having a baby! OK, so here's the story......

I have been feeling "different" (yes, more than my normal different) since last Friday. But I thought I was only a day late on Sunday. Then yesterday it finally clicked in my head (after 15 years of having my period) that I am on a 28 day cycle or less and not a 30 cycle. Wow, I am a genius! And yes I really did just figure that out. So, Monday made me 5 days late! Sean picked up a pregnancy test (or 2) last night and we took the test (both of them) this morning and both came back positive! We have our first OB appointment next Friday!

I did a little pregnancy calculation thing online b/c obviously I can't even figure out period calculations, and it computed that I am 4 weeks pregnant and we would be due in May. But I will know a little better I'm sure when we go to the OB.

So, yes, I can already feel some stuff. Nausea, dizziness, hot and cold, super sniffer abilities, weird feelings in my tummy and VERY bloated, and indigestion and IBS and back pain and tired. But I feel so great all in the very same (or next) sentence! And I am going to put my mind to it...I am determined to feel as good as possible!

WOW! Me and Sean I suppose are Fertile Myrtles. We started trying August 21st! It is almost too hard to believe and I feel like maybe I shouldn't have told anyone and we should have waited until going to the OB, but that lasted oh like a whole 5 minutes. Our parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles are all super excited. Allie doesn't seem so thrilled that she won't be the spoiled only child anymore.

YAY!!!!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Sean called us this AM! CONGRATS!!!!!!! YAY for babies! Now you get to go through all of the fun 1st trimester stuff....nausea vomitting exhaustion more nausea, LOL....but it's great! Congrats again...we're so happy for you guys! Give me a call sometime and what is your due date?

Unknown said...

Oh my, I can't believe it! I am so excited for you guys! You will be wonderful parents, and I have the biggest smile on my face right now!!!! Congratulations!!!

HB said...

Thanks my fav-o-rite girlfriends. Love you both and thanks for the lovely words and your excitement and support. That means the world to me! Miss you both!