Monday, March 17, 2008

Put me back in my place

And it happened again. I seem to never learn, or maybe I do, I am just too darn stubborn. Yesterday, I was starting to feel very pessimistic about us not getting our dream home. Things are exactly working out the way I would like them to and I am so impatient about getting all of our answers on whether we will be able to put an offer on this house or not. So after putting myself in a bad mood over it and doing my usual mopey thing, I decided just to go to sleep. Well, this morning, I get an email from my friend Christa about this teacher who is dying of cancer. His message really knocked me upside the head and made me think about my attitude. Here is someone who knows he only has months to live, who will leave a wife and three young kids behind. His message was very powerful and straightforward. He basically said that we should all be persistent and never give up on our dreams. Be happy (do you want to be a Tigger or an Eeyore?). You can choose they way you live your life. What an inspiration. He had such a positive attitude and extreme bravery. And here is little 'ole me acting like a two-year-old because things aren't the way I want them to be. It is only a house. If we don't get this one, we will find another one. BUT I will not give up until I have exercised every option that we have. Thanks, Christa, for this email. I really needed it to open my eyes this morning (literally and figuratively speaking). God sure knows how to get his word across to me daily!

2 comments:

sbrewner said...

I loved hearing your message. quite touching(tear) I love you

HB said...

Thanks babe! We are so emotional!