Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grandpa

Yesterday was my grandma's BD. I had to work until 7:30, so I figured we would not be able to make it to her party, but I wanted to call dad when I got off work. Unfortunately when he got on the phone he told me that him, my grandparents and my uncle and aunt were in the ER. They were all meeting at Smokey Bones to celebrate and dad had let my grandparents out at the front b/c my grandma can't get around too well. From there, things get really strange. Dad waits for them to get out of the car and away from it before proceeding on to park. Just as soon as he took his foot off the brake, granddad starts banging on the car window. Dad slams on the brakes. Then my grandpa starts stumbling around and walking back towards the restaurant entrance and he looks all woobly and drunk (he was not drunk though). Then he falls face first into the concrete. He was a little in shock. He busted up his nose, maybe broke his hand and had a laceration under his eye. The ambulance took him to the ER. My family was still there after 11 p.m. last night. They decided to keep granddad overnight. The docs did a CT scan, which looked OK. I guess granddad has been very agitated and yelling at the nurses and screaming and getting upset (he has Alzheimer's). Hopefully, we will know more today, he is OK and able to go home. We still don't know what originally happened. It sounded very scary though and I just hope he is OK.

No comments: