Friday, May 15, 2009

Mommyhood

Mom and I went to Target while Sean watched Ryan last night after he got home from work. Mama bought me some nursing bras, a mattress pad for our bed and some stuff for Ryan. I needed a nursing bra for each day because I leak a lot and they have to be washed everyday. It is kinda funny, all the sudden I will look down and my shirt has circular wet spots from milk....out in public no less. I am not even embarrassed, nor am I too worried about changing clothes when Ryan pees on me. I am officially a mom. A mom who smells of pee and breast milk, maybe spoiled milk. I do change Ryan's clothes when he pees though, just can't be bothered with my own looks and hygiene.

Autumn came to see Ryan yesterday. She brought us dinner and gifts for Ryan. She is such a sweetheart. Ryan is running out of space for all his stuff. We get gifts everyday still. We have been so blessed.

Ryan is doing well. He is still a little congested, but it comes and goes and happens most in the morning and after nursing. I think it is phlegm from the milk.

I can fit in my regular clothes again, but am still wearing maternity clothes mostly because of the incision. I finally weighed myself. So grand total was 21 pounds weight gain. I was 114 pre-prego, got to 135 and now I am 121. I have 7 pounds to lose. I am pretty happy about it. :)

2 comments:

Becca said...

yay for the weight loss! breast feeding really helps with that!

Are you ot using the breast pad things? Those are LIFESAVERS for your laundry loads and sense of 'cleanliness' LOL

HB said...

I am using the breast pads. They do help, but sometimes I leak right on through them!!! It's funny all this leaking.