Monday, May 5, 2008

Here and Now, Not There and Later

We took Allie up to the brewery to get a bath again yesterday and had some lunch. This has become a new ritual for us. It is fun and I think Allie enjoys it. She especially did yesterday so she could get away from Angel for a bit! It is Allie's fault though. She does not stand up for herself. And when Angel does finally stop biting her legs, ears and face, then Allie starts rough housing with her. It is actually quite entertaining to watch! Angel gets 20 Cheerios every morning for breakfast. LOL!

That was about the extent of our day. I won't bore you with chores or other stuff that I did.

I know I am feeling better today. I can find room to forgive my dad. Also Sean. See I have resented him for "leaving" me when he went on deployment. I mean I know he did not choose to leave me, but b/c of my childhood issues with my father not being around and the fact that I have not had the best of relationships any ways with men, it felt like Sean too was leaving me when I needed him most. I am past it. Now we just gotta get rid of the deployment aftermath that has effected us for 3 years! I am over trying to control the job, finances, house situation too. No point in stressing and wasting days over this that could be filled with happiness and appreciation and gratitude for all the things we are blessed with. I pray these things we are working hard towards do become a reality and not just dreams, but if not I know there is a reason why God did not want them for us at this moment.

Sean and I had a long talk about all of this last night b/c we have been worrying so much over it, and we came to an agreement to let it go. This morning has been a HUGE improvement in our moods. Thank goodness for that. This is the day the Lord has made, let's rejoice and be glad in it.


3 comments:

sbrewner said...

Hooray. And no I will not be very sad when angel(jose) leaves

HB said...

I think i saw a tear or 2!

HB said...

xoxo