Saturday, May 31, 2008

RIP

Yesterday after el job-o, we volunteered at the Humane Society and then came home and had a much needed talk. I need to look to the present, not the past or future and just be where I am now. Stop regretting things and what- iffing things. We also talked about why we fell in love with each other in the first place and how some of those qualities should remain within both of us. Then we went and had a couple of beers in downtown Dunedin with the dog (she had H2O).

I volunteered/worked in the vet clinic today. I am feeling so much more comfortable there now and absolutely love the people. I am able to hold conversations now and ask questions without getting so nervous. I also saw a dead cat. It had been euthanized. I did not see that part, but I saw the aftermath. That was sad. Other than that, I shadowed and observed, chatted and gabbed and increased my wealth of animal knowledge. I am learning a ton and it's really fun. Did you like the rhyme?

I am going to get a mani/pedi now and clean the house and workout.

Oh yah. Sean and I saw the saddest thing yesterday. There was a male duck on the side of the road guarding a dead female duck. He just sat there. He looked so distraught. She must have been hit by a car. We pulled over, but there was really nothing we could do. Every now and then, he would waddle over to her and nudge her, as if trying to wake her up. Then dissatisfied that she did not respond, he would return to his spot in front of her. It was totally heartbreaking.

No comments: