Friday, June 6, 2008

BIG NEWS!

Lots of news today (in list form):
1. Yesterday was my last day of volunteering at the vet clinic. Why you ask? Because I got a job!!!!!!! I was hired at the Animal Health Care Clinic. I will be starting out as a receptionist and then I will become a vet tech. Unfortunately, Sean did not get hired as well, but I know he will end up there. See, the vet was was ready to hire both of us, but then she interviewed a girl yesterday with more experience (Sean and I have close to none) and so she thought it would be better to hire at least one person with experience than two with none. But she said as soon as a spot opens up, Sean has a good chance of being hired. No guarantees, but possibly. The only reason she hired me over Sean is b/c I am going to be going to school to be a vet tech. So, I will be working 40 hours a week, get 1 week paid vacay after 1 year and 2 weeks after 2 years, insurance, 401k, bonuses, at cost/reduced cost pet care for Allie and now I will be able to take my vet tech courses online instead of driving all the way down to Pinellas Park 2- 3 x's weekly for school. As long as I work at least 20 hours a week in the clinical setting, I can take the online courses. They are welcome to helping me with school at the clinic. The people there seem absolutely lovely and I am extremely excited. But it is bittersweet. Sean and I had a long run (since November 2006) with being together 24/7 and oh will I miss my time away from him, but we keep reminding ourselves that we are fulfilling dreams and that this is not the military and we are able to make our own decisions if we don't like some of the changes that will be taking place. Plus, I truly think he will end up working there, too. In the meantime, I think he will be working at the VFW as a bartender. I start Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the clinic. Oh, yah, 10 bucks an hour. Not bad. A lot of hard work. I welcome it. And 3 days off a week. And we still get to go to Arizona July 1- 15 and now I actually get vacay b/c I am not bringing work with me. Oh and of course I will be quitting my current job. It has been a good 8 year journey in medical transcription. I am ready for a change though. I haven't had a commuting/set hour job since I was 19!!!!!!! I am scared to death to tell Jan and on top of it all I am giving her like no notice since today was my last day. Oh and I get a 4 day weekend before I start on Tuesday.
2. I went to the doctor this morning. All is good....... well mostly. My labs came back great compared to a year ago when I had high cholesterol. The bad news. I have to go to a dermatologist. I have some spots, one in particular that will probably need to be biopsied. I have had moles biopsied before so I was pretty sure I needed some new ones checked. While I am there, I will have the derm check my cysts and give me something for my pimply face and back. Delish! My grandfather just had a melanoma removed from his back so I am glad I spoke up about my worrisome skin spots. Always speak up and talk openly with your doc!
3. We are withdrawing our offer on the Tarpon Springs house...like literally Sean is on the phone doing it now. We decided since I got this job that the commute would be way too much from Tarpon to Clearwater. We are going to try to get the town home in Clearwater now that we really liked. They will be finished building it by August/September. it is 3 BR 2.5 Bath, 1 car garage and of course built in 2008. They are really nice and the upgrades we can add on are fabulous. Also, it is close to church, Humane Society, my new job (like 5 minutes), Sean's possible new job and family. AND it is way cheaper. Like 150k or so. And insurance will be way better. And it gives us till August/Sept to save money and pack our crap.
4. We start a new pet sitting job today. We are watching 2 Yorkies and 1 cat. We will be going to their home 2 x's a day for the next 2 weeks. We are looking forward to it and it is a little extra cash, so nice!
5. I think that's it. That's a whole lotta changes over the last 24 hours! WOW!! Off to see about Sean's new job, call Jan (eek!) and a million other things involved with our brand new changes.
6. OH, I will really miss going to the vet clinic to volunteer. They were sooooo nice!

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments: