Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Power of Prayer

It is only 5:42 a.m. I have only been up for 42 minutes. And in this 42 minutes, I have formed a huge prayer list. Between reading my emails and my blogs, I have heard not so great news. So here is my prayer list:
1. Mike (my mom's husband) and his sister and mother and my mom. His sister just went through surgery for cancer and his mom fell and broke her hip and will need surgery.
2. Then, I got a huge list from church:
*Patty and Doug Hoffman: Doug is in the hospital again for fluid on his lungs. Pray for strength for both of them.
*Lindsey Fleming is in the hospital again with uncontrolled blood sugar. And his daughter's son is in the hospital (All Children's) for something very serious, but don't know what.
*Rosalie and her hubby are traveling out west and just found out he has an infected boil.
*I can't remember the names of this couple, but the husband is at home under the care of Hospice. God will know who I am talking about.
*Again, can't remember the name, but another lady has been in the hospital with either ulcers or internal bleeding. God will know.

Then, my blogging friend Katie Prescott and her family are going through a rough time. Her son split open his chin yesterday and he has also been having anxiety attacks from coming off ADHD medication.

Wow, this is a lot to digest in the first 42 minutes of the morning. Please, please say a little prayer for the above-mentioned. I have decided not to to say anything else in this post, as this is wwwwaaaaaayyyyyy more important than the boring details of my past 24 hours.

God, please give these people courage, strength and the ability to recovery speedily, if it is your will. Bless them all and keep them comforted. I pray that they all look to you in their time of need. Amen.

No comments: