Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

After a day of doing chores around the house, taking care of the Yorkies and volunteering at the Humane Society, we went shopping! Love it. It doesn't happen that often (unfortunately). We got Father's Day gifts and me and Sean got some perfume and cologne and then we went shopping for our BD gifts. I got a pair of Ralph Lauren sunglasses. My 1st pair of nice, a little more expensive glasses. I love them. I just hope I will actually take care of them and know where they are at at all times b/c every other pair of cheapo glasses I have either lost, broken or scratched up the lenses. Sean got a nice pair of Ray-Bans. Then we ate at Ruby Tuesdays. It was a good date night.

The only downfall was all the stress about the town home and our stipulations on what kind of job Sean has to have. It didn't seem so difficult with the other 2 homes that we tried to get. We were approved for 250k and that was about it. Now we have to meet all these requirements. I guess it is because I changed jobs, which we figured this might happen because of that, but I just couldn't stay at The Word Doctor one more day and my outlook and happiness level is shooting through the roof now with this new job. So I would rather have my sanity intact (what's left any way) than a town home. It stinks that we both have to start at the bottom of the totem pole again. The only way for me to make money is to start at the bottom in a clinic and gain experience while going to school. The only thing Sean can do is start at the bottom and go to school, unless he becomes a police officer, firefighter, paramedic or into a security position b/c that is where he has experience and would get a better paying job. But he doesn't want that type of job anymore. He got all he needed and wanted from the military and that line of work is not useful for him now. SO we start at the bottom. But does it mean at the sake of not getting a home? I don't know. We will be calling our mortgage broker tomorrow to figure some things out. Plan B: Ask daddy for help! But I will save that for tomorrow. I wouldn't want to ask him on Father's Day! wink wink

No comments: