Friday, April 3, 2009

Adding to the nursery! :)

We got our glider for the nursery!!!!! Daddy got it for us. Here it is if ya wanna check it out.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8055636 - we got the khaki colored one.

Sean went to Bay Area Pregnancy Center yesterday and we got a lot of stuff:
1. Bathtub
2. Bassinet and sheets - just need to buy the mattress for it
3. Chair for outdoors for baby to sit in, but can be used indoors too.
4. Diapers
5. Wipes
6. Decorative stuff for nursery
7. Toys
8. Layette with clothes (onesies, shirts), sleep sack, socks, hat, receiving blankets, diapers, bibs, bottles, hooded towels, washcloths and maybe more that I can't remember.
9. Diaper bag with insulated bottle cooler.

And the best part of it all - it was all FREE! And we only spent like $10 in mommy money so we still have like $35 leftover. Nice!

I got my Group B strep test done. I am not sure of the results yet. The docs said the u/s's are different everyday and some days the placenta is on my cervix or touching it and other days it looks to be far enough from it, but either way they are doing a C section because it is a low lying placenta and it is just difficult to see on u/s at this point because baby is in the way and big and my placenta lies posteriorly, which makes it more difficult to decipher location. Certainly don't want to deliver the afterbirth first!

We also got to see our stroller and car seat system. It is so beautiful! We love it! And Barbie bought me cute pink PJ pants and her mom made us burp cloths. They are sooooo nice and look to be super absorbent and big enough.

I just found out that one of my docs here had 8 kids herself (one adopted child from Russia) and that with one of her pregnancies she was in the exact same room as me with placenta previa for 3 months. Crazy!

No comments: