Saturday, April 11, 2009

Losing a part of me

Tiff's mom stopped by for a visit yesterday. She works at All Children's Hospital. It is crazy to think that Tiffany and I have been friends since 5th grade. She is coming up on 20 weeks preggers!

I cried for like an hour last night. It hit me that I only have 11 days left to be pregnant. I am going to miss our little munchkin being inside of my belly. It is bittersweet. I love being pregnant. It has seemed to fly by and go slow all at the same time. I just kept thinking about our whole last 8 1/2 months - the day we found out, first time hearing the heartbeat, first ultrasound, picking names, getting stuff for the nursery, first kick, first case of the hiccups, first stranger to notice the belly,this whole hospital journey. It is all coming to an end. I know the reward is absolutely a miracle and blessing and of course I want to meet BB, but I will miss him inside of me. And I will miss being in the hospital a bit. That just means I have been here so long that I have gotten way to used to it!

Dr. Montenegro came in this morning and gave me some bad news. Seems insurance doesn't want to pay from April 2nd on because I haven't bled since then. Dr. Montenegro does not want me to go home, thinks the benefits of being here far outweigh the risks. So, of course we are staying here. We also trust in God and know that it will all work out. I cannot stress out - it would go against all the lessons He has been teaching me, plus it's bad for me and baby.

Sean and I watched a new dad video last night and a child brain development video. Both were interesting. Oh how the dad one was funny. To sum it up, this was the advice the dads gave: L&D, although scary, is totally amazing, the lack of sleep stinks, losing all rights to do what you want when you want also stinks and your wife is always right, do what she says and don't argue, even though she really is insane. HHmmmm, was that good advice for my hubby?

2 comments:

Becca said...

Aww i miss being pregnant now that i'm far enough out of it to forget the pains of the late 3rd tri and stuff. Most of all...i actually miss being in labor. It's odd but it's like the build up to the most awesome moment of your life, so when it's over, you sort of miss the excitement. BUT now i have my beautiful baby, so it's well worth it.

and yes, that is great advice for hubby. LOL

HB said...

I think it is normal to miss being prego, if you like being pregnant. Some girls do not like it. My friend Tiff who is 19 weeks doesn't like it and she has not even had any symptoms or problems!